Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome to my journey

So, here's where my story begins.

I was married in 2002, to a guy I met the first day of college in 1997.

We had an amazing little boy, Zach, in 2004.

We moved around a lot, away from our families, and eventually settled about an hour away from "home".

Things were not always easy, and when I found some information that I was not at all pleased about, I decided that I couldn't do it anymore. I fought it, long and hard, but decided that life is too darn short to be unhappy.

So I told him I was done, and moved out in January 2010.

Here I am, a year later- almost to the exact day. Tomorrow will be a year out on my own.

I made it through the year just fine, for the most part. I am doing much better than I have in a LOOONG time.

I am HAPPY again.

I am ME again. Or at least, pretty damn close to it.

I am so much stronger than I ever could have thought about being.

So when 2010 was drawing to a close, I got to thinking. I'm in the process of rediscovering who I am. Who is Sara? So I came up with a list of things that I'd like to do before my next big birthday, 35.

August 25, 2013

I've got 2 1/2 years.

Age hasn't ever bothered me so far, and hopefully I will continue on that path. It's just a number. I sure don't feel 32, currently. Maybe it's because most of my friends that I hang out with on a normal basis are younger. I don't know.

But I came up with things that I've always wanted to do, or that I feel would make my life richer, more complete, more worthwhile.

And this blog is my way of documenting my journey, my trip, my adventure.

Welcome to the crazy train!

No comments: