Monday, January 24, 2011

Week of 1-17-11 to 1-23-11...making small progress

So in the last week, I
~took Zach to a hockey game (tickets courtesy of my work)
~volunteered for Meals on Wheels
~continued training for my part time gig doing karaoke
~took a compliment gracefully

Not that these were huge things, and I know the volunteering isn't on my list, but I guess it could be called a reserve for my list. I should put up a couple of "reserves", just in case I don't get something on my list done.

I had a good week last week, for the most part. It seemed to drag on and on and on....I think it's because my coworker that shares an office with me was out most of the week. Her mom had passed away on 1-11-11, and so she only stopped in for a bit last week. I didn't have anyone to talk to, for the most part, so sat in my office and listened to LOTS of music. We always have music going in our office. Thankfully, we are both the same age, and listen to the same types of music, so we get along really well :) But last week, it was like I was dependant on music. I was continuously looking for music that suited my mood, or for something that would put me in a mood I WANTED to be in. If you are a Facebook friend, you probably noticed the links on my profile.

Thursday and Friday night, went out to karaoke with my friends. Great time as always. Friday night, my cousin and an old friend that I used to work with (back in the early 2000's) came out, so it was good to catch up with them. Saturday night, karaoke again, and this time, it was just me and my friend running the show, so I sat with him at the table and got a lot of training time in.

Sunday....I was just in a bit of a funk yesterday. I don't know what my problem was, really. Just felt "off" all day, I guess. I got Zach back around 12:30 or so. I had just talked with one of my best friends, and had planned on Zach and I going over to watch the football games yesterday with her and her boyfriend. Well, Zach got home and said he didn't want to, so we hung out at home. But he was constantly bored. His DVD player didn't work, the Netflix wasn't really working all that great on the Wii, and his constant complaining did NOTHING for my mood. So what did I do? Snapped at him, which I apologized for later. So when bedtime rolled around, we snuggled in bed, teasing each other with his stuffed animal turtle, and continued trying to find a name for the turtle, lol.

So here I am, starting a new week. I do have a book from the library to count toward my "classics"- To Kill a Mockingbird. I've had it for 2-3 weeks, and haven't touched it. I am just not in the mood to read that type of literature. I'm really into the paranormal stuff I read right now, so it's hard to switch over.

We'll see how this week goes, and if I feel the need to post again during the week, I will. Probably will be next Monday though. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Netters said...

So, try a "classic", Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey. I think you may like it! Or, you could even go for "Dracula" or something like that.